Monday, July 23, 2007

My virgin effort on mixing my favorite series and Coldplay - Ashes 2005.

Oh here is my favorite song, my favorite team - Aussies PLUS one of the fantastic series ever to be played - Ashes 2005. And here is the run up for the series from my favorite site - Wiki. I liked Coldplay's Fix You - from X&Y, which would be the background music.

History behind the game - Ashes is a cricket match which is more of a pride at stake which the Aussies and the poms put on the game when they play. England v Australia is the oldest continuous international cricket fixture, dating back to the first meeting at Melbourne in March 1877. Fantastic ain't it?

A few pictures from the infamous series ever played, which critics hailed as one of the all time best. England regained the Ashes by beating Aussies 2-1 with a match draw.

(a) The Ashes - As big as palm !


(b) England celebrate the series - Fantastic to see the coverage live. What a match !


(c) Flintoff's hundred moment.


(d) When England had 4 runs to regain the Ashes.

(e) Clouds impregnated with lots of rain at TrentBridge.


And finally, the video I mixed. I am still in awe whenever I see it.





6 comments:

Incrediblyirrational said...

i have just lost it for the sports after all the match fixing and the world cup match that proved their worthlessness

Vik Rajagopalan said...

@Nithya:

Oh come on. You could do better. It is just a moronic way our players end up playing. Don't lose your interest for the same.

Come back sometime later. I will interest you in an another game sequence :)

Keshi said...

I always thought of Cricket as a game of pure luck. One day u cud be winners, the next day u could be losers.

As fans of cricket we cant lose all hope if our team loses...cos there'll always be a next time..and also they have been winners b4 as well.


Keshi.

Preeti Shenoy said...

Cold play's 'fix you' has been one of my favourites too ever since I heard it :-)

I used to follow Cricket religiuosly.But after match fixing etc I have turned into a big skeptic and am so totally disillusioned and disappointed with the game.have stopped watching altogether

Vidya said...

I knew you were an ardent fan of cricket. And this proves it!

You need to start getting into the habit of checking out my blog often. After all, I am your elder sister for a reason! :D

Vidya

Vik Rajagopalan said...

@Keshi:

Oh yea you are spot on. A game of uncertainty clubbed with passion makes it one of a kind :-)

@PS:

Fair enough. I know the feeling and suddenly the game is not the same no more with these glitches. Hey ! that is why this game is special. Is'nt it :)

@Vidya:

Oh yea! Now you are talking.