Sunday, July 08, 2007

Match day versus French Class and the big news !

Oh the weekend French classes that I have enrolled for seem to be very interesting both for the language and the class which is so cool with heavy enrollment from the opposite sex, which makes me not to miss any class ** Chuckle **

This is my first of the many foreign languages that I intend to read and feel comfortable about and it is very interesting language.

But today is a match day for me and I would not be able to attend the class - Boo hooo [:-(] since when I started to feel so passionate about any class. Is it because of the girls in the class? May be but heck nothing is going to stop me from the game today. It is the most waited game for me after I moved back to India and I was straight away into the Cricket Team as the most loved position - Wicket Keeper/Middle order right hand bad. The best part is that the climate too has been mild here in this part of the woods clocking about a 30-31 deg C. Hey this is REASONABLE in this place called furnace. Usually it is HOT.

If that was some news, did you know finally Taj Mahal is in the world's wonders. Finally. In a colourful ceremony in the Portuguese capital Lisbon to coincide with the date 07.07.07, the new wonders of the world were announced and it is quite interesting the details.

For the benefit to you, these are the wonders of the world from now on:


  • The Colosseum, Rome
  • The Pyramid of Chichen Itza, Mexico
  • Machu Picchu, Peru
  • Taj Mahal, India
  • Statue of the Christ Redeemer, Brazil
  • Petra, Jordan
  • The Great Wall of China

  • Among the places left out were Acropolis in Athens,The Statues of Easter Island in Italy, Cambodia Angkor, Hagia Sophia in Turkey, Eiffel Tower in Paris, Statue of Liberty in New York, Russia Kremlin and St Basil's Cathedral and Australia's Sydney Opera House. But Pyramids in Egypt never tried to even nominate itself. Because they felt it is unique in it's own way and that it never has to be classified as anything. Interesting.

    More news about this can be found in this news site - here.

    I would want to see every place that is mentioned above to know what our civilizations in the past did for us. I don't care whether it is in the wonder list or not. It is so nice to see them I think. Hey, the mood is for the Match and in that high, expected note, I sign off.


    P.S: Update at 9:30 PM - We won the game today though it was a HOT HUMID conditions to play, I was involved in getting a Run Out and was the highest scorer in my team with 48 runs and we won the quite comfortably. BTW we were chasing 120 runs [:D] in 20 overs. Now, don't forget to congratulate.

    P.S Edit to include a song for Taj Mahal.

    3 comments:

    Rani said...

    hey... thanks for visiting my site. congrats on winning. i love loveeee cricket as well =).
    sometimes going to class just isnt motivating enough - even if there are hot guys.
    hmm may be the egyptians are being too cocky.. hahaha
    --- i wouldnt mind visiting all the places myself.

    smrtnhuggble said...

    oohh shoot... this is smrtnhuggble - i usually post from chocolteluva. in case u were wondering what site i was talking about =)

    Vik Rajagopalan said...

    @Smrtnhuggable:

    I am so confused where to go next from this blog note :) I would perhaps follow the bread crumbs from the smrtnhuggble link :D

    Thanks for writing though.