Thursday, August 02, 2007

The drama unfolds..

Oh this time of the year I am really really looking forward to the theatrics and the dramatics's. The local interests for plays or theatrics have not died down any bit anytime. Just goes to show when I say it is the third edition since it was launched in 2005 and The Hindu MetroPlus Theatre Festival brings a range of acclaimed plays from abroad and from different parts of India to Chennai. This time around it is going to be over eleven days in August, a variety of professional and amateur theatre groups will stage plays that belong to different genres. This time we have eight plays and a mix of groups from Germany, the United States, Sri Lanka and Indian groups from Manipur, Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore.

I am quite excited and did my home work and lined up my ducks for all the shows already. I am really looking forward to a few shows already for this season. I might end up watching To the Death of my Own Family, Butter and Mashed Banana, a Srilankan group, Checkpoint - Three Strangely Normal, a German group, Ristorante Immortale, Black with ‘Equal’ , Andromeda, The Attempted Assassination of Salman Rushdie & Killing Time and finally Immigrants which is the week after this.

The synopsis of the show is also written alongside the play and I hope these come out well.

Until then in a high spirit, Weekends here I come !

5 comments:

Rani said...

hhmmm havent been to a play in a longggg time..hmm may be i should go to one soon..

Vik Rajagopalan said...

@Smarty:

I am really looking forward to this show. :) We got 2 today. Will update if it was any worth :)

Keshi said...

That sounds like a Whopper! :)

I went to a Sri Lankan play recently...it was really good and enjoyed feeling at 'home' again...all the sinhalese songs and village girls n dances etc. It rocked!

I hope u'll hv loads of fun too.


Keshi.

Aditi said...

sounds fun... let us know how the plays are

Vik Rajagopalan said...

@Keshi:

Will do. Thanks much and yea their play is on Sunday.

@Aditi:

I will definitely let you know. Thanks for dropping a line in though.

@Hari:

I am not able to get to ur blog, it is only for the invited few I reckon. Thanks for dropping by.