Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Diwali - Retold

I was checking out a few mails at work that I got when I was in the US (imagine how much I would have been "busy"). This was about Ramayana, an epic in Hindu mythology. The actual story line could be read from "here". However, the modified story line is about a second generation Indian in the US, who is asked by his mother to explain the significance of Diwali to his younger kid brother. I was reminded of this story when I was writing the previous post so was searching my older archives and finally after a good 2 hours I found this bad boy. Quite a funny forward I got in 2004. Very interesting this. This is how he went about with the story..

A word of caution. If you still have a mind to laugh at practicality and haven't lost your funny bone then please go ahead. If you think this might offend the religious sentiments, PLEASE don't proceed further.

So, like this dude had, like, a big cool kingdom and people liked him. But, like, his step-mom or something, was kind of a bitch and she forced her husband to, like, send this cool-dude, he was Ram, to some natural forest or something. Since he was going, for like, something like more than 10 years or so, he decided to get his wife and his bro along. So that they could all chill out together. You know what I am saying.

But Dude, the forest was a reeeaal scary shit. Swear to god man. They had all the monkeys and devils and shit like that. But this dude, Ram, kicked with darts and bows and arrows and slowly learned to kick serious ass. So it was all cool.

But then some bad gangsta boys, some jerk called Ravan, picks up his babe(Sita) and lures her away to his hood. And boy, was our man, and also his bro, Laxman pissed or what. All the gods were with him. So anyways, you don't mess with the gods. Do you? So, Ram and his bro get an army of monkeys. Dude, don't ask me how they trained the damn monkeys. Just go along with me alright.

So yea, Ram, Lax and their monkeys whip this gangsta's ass in his own hood. Anyways, by this time, their time's up in the forest and anyways it 's sorta boring you know. No TV or malls or clubs or no shit like that. So they decided to hitch a ride back home and when the people realize that our dude his bro and the wide are back home,they thought, well, you know at least they deserve lamps they lit the lamps also. So it was quite cool. pretty cool actually. You know will all those fireworks.

Really, they even had some local band play along with the fireworks and you know what dude, that the very first , no kidding... that was the very first music-synchronized fireworks. You know like the 4th of July stuff, but just , more cooler and stuff, you know. And, so dude, that was how, like , the festival started.


And they happily lived ever after. I think this was a cool forward I got and I read this once in a while to have a laugh at the creativity. Anyway, I am off to a beach resort tomorrow and am going to take it easy. So catch ya whenever I get going again.

2 comments:

Rani said...

OMG.... ok i explain it the same way to some of my "american" friends - minus the dude and cool and stuff and ya know in there.
hahaha i do make it REALLY simple and dumb shit down.

lol i have said it before "dont ask me why it was the army of monkeys and how the monkeys talked and were trained and synchronized into an army" -- lollllll

really cool

Vidya said...

This is funny every single time I read it!
:D I loved and still love the training the monkey part!

Vidya