Monday, February 25, 2008

Abortion - Is that a way out or way that should be avoided?

I would like to know from most what they think about Abortion. For what I am going to put or say add subsequently is how Abortion is done and the after effects. I am like so shaken up right this moment, when I got the mail, I think it is really bad that effort. Honestly, until now I just did not realize how brutal that procedure would be until I saw some pictures, which obviously I am going to put up right here. Reason - if it hurts someone who died, it should hurt and educate the readers who see it.

Sometimes we get so busy and interestingly fanciful about the science involved, that we just forget the real pain to someone who is like wanting to live and walk the space you and I have. I think they deserve to. I had sometime back spoken against the medical procedures for losing the subcutaneous fat and in general all sorts of lazy, my ass procedures that people follow without even knowing what it is like after the procedure. I think half the people who take the operations such as these would not know what it is like in first place - may be ignorant?!?!?!?

I guess I would make an attempt to walk and talk about another scientific procedure -Abortion. I think it is a double edged sword. People get pregnant when they don't want to and as a result when they are like have no where to go resort to this. But the cruelty part here is just what appalls me as much as it is. I have always advocated about killing a child when you just not prepared to raise it. I mean, what is the whole idea in dumping a kid in a trash can and leave it to the dogs or some good hearted souls to take care of the baby after it is born. How cruel can that be?

I had quite recently visited an orphanage in Bangalore where the new born kids are washed and poop cleaned with the same cloth. I know the ewww factor and that question mark sized faces. But the fact is the trauma people go over because of some unplanned and some out of urge sexual activities is unbelievable. May be this is one reason why the Republicans were against the Abortion. But what is the solution if I am going to oppose it? I don't know but I can strongly advocate just for safe sex. How much easy can that get? I am like so saddened and clueless what would be the best way for not having some child when you are just not prepared to. I don't know if there existed any other way other than abortion. But abortion is no peaceful way out as it sounds - as much as I thought until now. May be I would take time to think and relate to what would be plan B for an event like, but the easiest way I can think off is to be conditioned about safe sex. How much louder would people be told? Science can be heartless sometimes. :-( Here's a look at how abortion looks like.

But I think what science has given us is an opportunity to deal with this more as a devil's advocate. Hence it is going to be heartless. Imagine if no one chose this procedure and if we condemned it how many hapless and poor kids would survive the ordeal and come clean anyway? We would only be creating organized thugs. I think sometime we have to go a bit numb - comfortably numb over what medical procedures offer us. I am still not over what I saw in the pictures. But I think we don't have a choice either. Are you going to tell the 12 billion people in the world not to have sex? No not possible. Safe sex? Yea pretty much but not all the time it works. There are failures in successful models too. What if the contraceptive did not do what it was supposed to do? Should the person carry the cross and be vindicated for what happened then? There has to be an exit door? Yea but I feel there could be a more easier, graceful bye-bye to these small guys. I wish...

Be warned, it is going to be graphic.

Ok Pictures were quite graphic and some women readers cautioned me to remove them off so to respect their feelings, I rip the pictures off.

We all are comfortably numb!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

You know Vik how sensitive all this is to me and I am sure it is the same to many. Whatever eachone may think abt it..Its out of personal experience or lack of it..Personally for me I think till the time the woman is not carrying she is free to make her choices for her life but from the time the embryo is conceived she is completely responsible for the life growing inside and is a result of the choices she has made(atleast in most cases its a result of casual sex..with rape victims its a totally different story). She should not and cannot escape or be unaffected. A life is too precious to be just done away with as a nothing..Its cold blooded killing..nothing less...It cannot be casual...'just because' is not a reason for Abortion or killing.

But I commend you from writing your mind on this. Looking away is not the way.

Keshi said...

I think each case of Abortion is very personal...it's so hard to generalise emotions and reasons for this step. Unless we r in each woman's shoes it's so difficult and wrong to judge.


Keshi.

Ram said...

Dude...you should watch the movie Juno...its a real good one...

As regards abortion....I tend to agree with Keshi...but then again...I firmly believe that nobody has a right to take anybody's life.

Maybe its justified if the lady bearing the child is a rape victim but on other counts maybe its not justified.

I'm saying maybe because I'm not sure myself because as Keshi said I'm not the one to judge the circumstances and the mental state of the lady.

-Ram.

Aarti said...

Whoa, what irony vik.. i posted a msg at the joyous occasion of my cousin having given birth to a baby and here you are talking about abortion..

This is a sensitive topic that i've also been plagued by for sometime... I too dont really agree with ppl aborting just bcos they are NOT ready for the child.
but if the circumstances leave them helpless, i would rather they abort than bring the child into this world and put it thru hell.

When i see my friends suffering cos of miscarriage, it pains me, and breaks my heart... sometimes i wonder why not all of us stop making babies and adopt the babies born n left homeless....wouldnt that be wonderful? i sure would love to adopt....am all for it,my uncle infact did,and so have couple of my cousins n friends(even tho they could have kids of their own) :)

Pointblank said...

Complicated!

If u look at it emotionally, there is a life growing inside u! One has no right to kill it. If u didnt want it, u shouldn have conceived it. The child shouldn die for its parents' mistakes. Even in the case of rape, the father is at fault right?

But if u look at it rationally, there is nothing worse than having a baby when ur not prepared. Whether its within or outside marriage. If this is what u want, then it can b ethe most beautiful thing in the world. But if ur not ready, it can be quite traumatic.

AND, I dont curse too much, k!

Kelvy said...

hummm..its a very complicated thing..ya i guess the decision is personal to each person...
But we cant say anything is fair, wen its case of rape, naturally there is no other option, but i feel that abortion is better than some things like - burying the child wen its alive, throwing it into a dumpster, throwing it into desrted plces hoping that some animal will kill the child and so on...and i have heard and seen snaps of so many such cases..thats the only reasin that i feel abortion i9s btter than bringing a small child into this world and making it suffer...

well otherwise i guess i am also against abortion

Vik Rajagopalan said...

@Shruti:

I know where you are coming from. But think about I am not a big fan of aborts too. But sometimes things are not what you would think of. Sometimes it is just out of improper planning or something like that.

Imagine the worse situation is to become a mother when you are just not prepared. It is much better, atleast for the kid, to get it cleaned out even before you bring him out and a rowdy out of him. Half the Mexicans or Afro americans become mothers because of careless and 'interesting first time' eagerness to know what is what. They are 19 and no education what would they best provide the progeny?

Is it that once you are conceived, you have no exit doors in place?

I know what it means but am taking a devil's advocate stand.

Thanks much for saying what you had to say. But I thank you sincerely that you read it and commented too even though this was not your favorite topic.

But I would like to know what you feel of this comment.

Vik Rajagopalan said...

@Keshi:

Oh yea it is very subjective is what I think too. Under circumstances and all what you can offer to the kid is what would be the biggest point.

I read a news that in Africa, kids eat mud cookies ! It is so heart breaking to read those news and go and see the pictures. I wonder what wrong the kids did to go through that. I think they were better off not coming to the society in first place.

But I would like to know what you would think of this. If ever, you chanced on this.

Vik Rajagopalan said...

@Ram:

Oh yea, I heard Juno won some award too. What was that about? Help me!

Yea, that is what I felt too when I wrote the blog note. But don't you think that a poor and undesirable person becoming a mother of a child is just never going to become a saint. But each man, his own eventually. And I am not vilifying anyone for that but I think if you are just able to sustain yourself then that person should not procreate. What are the odds that the one out is going to be any good? For no reason they said, doctor's son a doctor, robbers son a robber.

But there is one gem that shines in a big group when we look at a sample.But that is no good to me.

Vik Rajagopalan said...

@Aarti:

Spot on. I was from that school of thoughts and yea when I am prepared for my life's serious orders, I would adopt a girl child. That is in my agenda :-]

And yea congratulations to you for that good news.

I would beg to you if you had a specific blog .. I am like challenged to browse through a million other sites and pick the right site.

Vik Rajagopalan said...

@Neets:

Sometimes you know there are many things that happens even when you never wanted. What do you do then? Just carry on when you are not prepared to go over it but because it is an emotional part you say OK?

Oh yea, I would never say a kid part is a pain in the arse. But the fact that people saying NO to abortion because it is about killing a child. My whole thought was if existence to one kid is a pain, another one on the way is no good. Then we surely have to go for a kill then again without any reference to the sex of the baby you know. That is criminal !

LOL - I didn't mean to say you curse :-]

Vik Rajagopalan said...

@Enigma:

Yea, it is for those set of clauses, I feel the kid would be good if it never saw the sun.

Then again, abortion is such a scary subject in all, I see.

There is always a repercussion when you roll the dice for an abortion just because you were bored. Nature's law it seems.

Unknown said...

It is evident Vik that there is no black and white in this issue and yes its all very relative and depends on the situation into which the child wud be brought..If brought into this world. But what I am saying is..what you wanted to bring home through this post in the first place..There are many who dont realize the magnitude of abortion ..for many its just a word ..'oh dont want the baby go for an MTP' kind of attitude...which is wrong..they should know how big a deal it is and how big a deal killing a conceived embryo is..ask someone who is praying to have a child but cant have one...Yes a child should not be brought into the world only to be starved to death..its better it never was born..but on the other hand the casual attitude towards pregnancy and abortion should change..I have a friend who terminated her pregnancy because it came too soon after her wedding..situations like that bother me..anyways I can go on on and on..but I guess we both have the same thing to say:-)

The post is a very meaningful one and hope the message spreads.

Pointblank said...

Ok, so u asked, "What if the contraceptive did not work?" - I say iPill! ;)

Vik Rajagopalan said...

@Neets:

See, you trust iPill and all the people around the world are so against it considering their problems. If it is just not about abortion, then you land up in some other mess.

But women's body is so complex you know. Why did they ever set it up like that? Like a cat has six boobs LOL (technically) and not that I sat and analyzed. Never mind, i digressed. LOL

Solitaire said...

It is hard to say whether one should be for abortion or against it. It is all a personal choice. Some people say that killing a fetus is a sin but if the child cannot be provided for or may suffer through his or her life, then it is better that the child does not repent for a mistake that the parents made. But then its each to his own.

Aarti said...

hey Vik..:)
Just click on "life goes on"... thats the one where i write often.. others are random ramblings wen mood strikes...:)

:)have a fun weekend... me on train to blore.. talk to u wen am back...