Saturday, October 28, 2006

Rain, rain and more rains...

It is so unbelievable what happens when it starts to Rain. Well, not that I don't like that feeling but if that feeling stays on for not 1 day, not 3 but for 7 whole days then something sure is supposed to be taken amiss. That is how it has been here. Since I came down it has been raining like there is no tomorrow. Too much water and that sure, sadly, exposes the country's infrastructure big time. Tod0ay, I wake up at 4:30 AM, not out of will, but suddenly I got a feeling as though someone just shot another person/or in the air with a shot gun. Imagine the noise coming outta shotgun. Crazy ain't it. Yup that was the feeling. And it was becuase there was thunderstorms. Not just 1 or 2 or 4. It was 59 thunderstorms from 4:30 AM and I was counting them and each of them was vying against each other for who was more powerful. Strange, I have never heard this much of thunderstorms before. This is the true rain. When it rains, it rains big time. But that is the flavour of this place, the extraordinary happens at will and people live with them and find ways to live around them. I think they say the GDP is going to be at 10% for India in the subsequent years and I think infrastructure should be set up well to withstand all this. And just as we speak, it rains again ! Prolly, this much of water is going to help the next year's summer drought big time. Said and done it is time to gauge the watery conditions now in the garden and take a decision to block or unblock them. Signing off until then.

No comments: