Thursday, May 10, 2007

Is killing the solution?

I chanced upon a news article today about culling of stray dogs under the pretext of cleaning up the city and people acceding the action. I also know where the corporation folks are coming from. The eternal pressures are not only from the unfortunate family members whose children lost a part of their flesh to these crazy canines but also from the other community who fear this might happen to their family as well.

I am thinking may be there should be a more noble way of doing away the stray dogs and for that matter the animals on the road. They don't do it with intent. They are forced to do that because they find themselves in dire straits. I, for one, still think there should be a decent way to 'kill' them, should we think we have the 'right to decide' who lives around us and who should not. Poor animals is all I can say at this point of time. There are organizations which take care of the deserted animals and I think the government should have funding or something like that so that they can sustain their effort. Electrocuting or poisoning them is not the exact solution to the problem.

Ahem.. On the same note, give me the power and I would like to decide who should live around me coz I hate beggars, I hate the ones in huts and yes I hate animal killers too. I am waiting for a chance to have a swipe at them ! Mera Number Kab Ayega !! (When would I get my chance !)

Link to the Article

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dogs killed by humans, coz we are the dominant race.its never the other way around, dogs squeal, try to bite, run. Hey i sense some of you trying to compare what happens in middle east with what i just wrote... Hmmm

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Thought provoking article. I guess this is the final solution to prevent from dog bites.

Vik Rajagopalan said...

To Sowmy:
From my stand point, it is never against who is superior to another. It is about live and let live philosophy. Although the stray dog menace needs a 'descent' solution that is all I advocate for.

To Ponnarasi:
From my belief, We never can and should have the ability to think who can live next to us. I do respect your thoughts. Thanks for dropping by.

Vidya said...

Like Old age homes, so stray dog homes!! Man, what is the world coming to?

Aditi said...

well .. stray dogs are a permanent fixture of indian streets.. and these arent deserted animals.. may have started like that.. but now i think its just stray dogs breeding more stray dogs..as for organizations to take care of animals.. i know a family that needed to find a place to rest their dog as the elderly couple goto the states to visit their son.. let me tell u they searched for ages before they found some shelter willing to take the dog in (and they were paying for it too)
what i dont understand is... hate ppl in huts?